The Worker ReEmployment portal currently resides on the CareerOneStop website. Under direction from the White House (WH), the site was updated to include the following: More content integration from other government sites (e.g.: benefit.gov), better flow for people to access Unemployment information on a Federal and State level, including access to other resources that would be beneficial to the unemployed (e.g.: find training or jobs).
Anybody who uses the Worker ReEmployment site to find Unemployment Insurance (UI) information, find training, or to find jobs.
WH Primary Audience: Those who have exhausted UI & those who have not exhausted UI.
WH Secondary Audience: Those who are looking immediate help & Career/training exploration.
- Updated only the design and flow of Worker ReEmployment. Content was be added, but functionality changes were limited due to a short two week time constraint.
- Updates focused primarily on the home/primary page, with some updates to secondary pages. Detailed content will be managed by current CMS (Tridion) utilizing current templates.
Use Cases: High Level
- User lives in Colorado and just lost his job. He would like to find out how to apply for benefits in his state.
- User in New York is currently getting benefits but heard there may be other assistance for unemployed people. She would like to find out if there is any further assistance.
- User has just run out of Unemployment Insurance and would like to see if there are any other federal resources out there to help him out.
- User has just run out of Unemployment Insurance and would like to see if there are any other resources in his state (Florida) to help him out.
Business Requirements: High Level
- Content needed in Worker ReEmployment
- Core resources provided to users
- Access to state resources for UI benefits
- Federal information about UI
- Find More Benefits (other than UI, e.g.: Health, Foreclosure)
- Find a Job
- Find Training
- Needed ability to get feedback from users (Contact Us link).
- Credit checks/background check links (proposed and further research needed…)
- More descriptive text than current site. Detailed more about what is being offered and what the site can do for the user.
- One Stop Finder (widget currently in use)
- Helpline (content currently in use)
- Links to other sites: benefits.gov, healthcare.gov, maybe others…
- Guided process for users (proposed, flow & content would need to be determined later)
- Section for exhaustees and state of economy. (Pending with DOL)
- Links to Worker ReEmployment from:
- COS Home and other sub pages
- Worker ReEmployment Banner (new “widget”) – To be created
- All other sites with Worker ReEmployment banner – TBD
- Outreach – TBD
Metrics – extensive metrics of site activity were needed to see where people go.
DEED Wireframes – Career One Stop was the Governmental site erected to handle those users looking for aid